Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Writing and Communication


Drake Jackson
Writing-150
 

                Writing and communication are essential to become successful.  Writing and communication are used every day.  My intended major at Oakland University is mechanical engineering. Writing and communication skills are very important for my career.  Mechanical engineers work together to design, create, and solve problems.  Without communication there would be hardly anything getting accomplished.  Many people would be working on the same thing or be doing something unnecessary for the company.   My career involves many leadership roles in which writing and communication is crutial.  As an engineer I will be using writing a lot like to write out a plan to solve a problem or writing out an idea to invent something new.  My communication skills need a little work.  I am good at instructing what needs to be done but when I am listening to someone else lead, I don’t communicate well.  If I don’t understand I often do not ask questions or ask for help.  I’m a little hard headed because I like to try to figure things out myself but it may take longer than just asking how to do it.  Writing and communication is essential to my career and every career out there.  Many people don’t realize how much writing and communication is used every day.  To be successful in your career, writing and communication is essential.      

3 comments:

  1. You are right the writing and communications are used everyday. Yes, these skills will be important in your future career. Communication is key in being a leader of any sort. Exactly, writing and communication are important to be successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my major is Mechanical Engineering also and I agree that it is something we will have to use everyday. Being able to explain our ideas and designs through writing and presenting should be a little easier when we finish this class :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. The skills learned during the writing process can translate easily to any career... I'm glad to see you recognize that.

    Be sure to keep up on your blogs so you don't lose points at the end of the semester. I see you're missing 2 so far.

    ReplyDelete